Friday, June 1, 2007

Dotson Salutes - He-Man and the Masters of the Universe

I was out for Mexican food a week ago with some friends of mine, and somebody started talking about the old He-Man cartoon and we all had a good laugh about it.

But after I got home, I decided I really wanted to see the cartoon again, so I decided to Netflix that sucker. I was delighted to find that Netflix has a wide selection of He-Man DVDs, and I elected to go with "Best of Season 1: Disc 1."

Here's proof--



I forgot how awesome the opening credits for the show were, and what an awesome theme song He-Man has. So when those opening credits rolled, I couldn't help but get up off the couch and dance around. I even used a broom at one point!

Here's a re-creation of me dancing around with the broom. The picture quality isn't so hot and you can't really see my face. Come to think of it, there's no real reason for you to watch this video, unless you want to see me give Skeletor the finger towards the end of it.



And if you really want to take a trip down memory lane (or just see those opening credits for the first time), here's a better quality version of it right here---



I've watched 1-and-a-half episodes now. In the first episode, there was this "plant monster" who was making vines grow all over the place and the vines were choking the hell out of He-Man and all of his friends and if they tried to kill the vines, they would just grow back right away and keep coming at them. The vines were even going after Skeletor and his cronies. So what happened is that He-Man and Skeletor had to band together and beat the Plant Monster. It's a long story how they overcame the monster, but I'll just tell you that they made it snow and that killed all the plants.

In the first half of the second episode, He-Man gets amnesia. That's when I decided to turn it off.

I can't stand it when people in TV shows get amensia and/or comas. That is l-a-m-e. If you can't come up with an original story idea and have to resort to that kind of jive, then your show most likely sucks. And I don't give a rat's if this was a show for kids or not. There is never a good reason for anyone in a TV show or a movie to get amnesia, even if you're He-Man or Guy Pearce.




Amnesia can kiss my ass.


ON THIS GREAT DAY, JUNE 1, 2007, DOTSON SALUTES HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE FOR BEING AN AWESOME CARTOON, FOR BEING A GREAT TOPIC OF CONVERSATION WHILE HAVING MEXICAN FOOD WITH YOUR FRIENDS, FOR HAVING KICK-ASS OPENING CREDITS THAT MAKE THE DOTMAN DANCE AROUND HIS LIVING ROOM, BUT NOT FOR GIVING HE-MAN AMNESIA, BECAUSE AMNESIA CAN KISS DOTSON'S ASS.


Happy Gemini, boys and girls!

No comments: