Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Dotson Salutes - Drinking hot chocolate on a dreary day.

Last night at bowling I got my P.B.R. ("personal best record") of 153. It was a pretty rad experience. Tomorrow I'm going to purchase a pair of bowling shoes. And if I'm feeling really crazy, I might even get my own bowling ball and bag. Exciting!!!!

This morning I brainstormed for a couple of hours, trying to generate new ideas for the "David Lynch: Problem Solver" Series, but I couldn't come up with anything. Maybe an idea will pop in my head in the next day or two, but in the meantime I think I'm going to officially retire the series. I'm pretty well happy with the videos that we made and I think we'll just leave it at that.

The reason that I was trying to come up with some more Lynch videos is because the comedy editor at YouTube wrote me last week, saying they might feature The Dotman's "Joke of the Day" in the comedy section!!!! Can you believe this? I sure couldn't. This is surely a sign of the apocalypse. The good news (FYI-- I'm going to use the term "good news" again in the next paragraph.) is that the editor guy only said they *might* feature the Dotman, so there's still a chance that he won't be featured and that the apocalypse won't take place after all. So keep your fingers crossed.


Man, it's a dreary afternoon in 'ol L.A. and the Dot just can't wake up today! The good news is that I had a cup of hot chocolate earlier. That was awesome. I got it at a place called Starfucks. It was delicious. I also picked up a medium coffee with half-and-half for my Taurus friend and a medium coffee with soy milk for his partner. (By "partner", I mean his actual business partner. Not his male lover. Remember when you first started hanging out with gay people and one guy would introduce you to another guy and tell you that he was his "partner" and then you'd say, "Oh, what line of work are you in?" and then they'd smile and you didn't know why? Well, I must have done that like 5 times where two dudes would say they were partners and I assumed business partners and then they laughed. But it wasn't a mean laugh. It was more of an "Oh, that's cute," laugh. But anyway, I don't do that anymore. Now when they say they're partners, I say, "Oh, I get it. You're fucking. Nice!")



Then I took the hot chocolate and the two coffees to my Taurus pal's place of work and me and him and his non-gay partner hung out and drank our beverages and they gave me some barbeque potato chips and they offered to make me a sandwich.


Man, I'm in a fog today. I think I'm just going to continue reading "Into the Wild" and call it a day. I'm on page 89. It's pretty much my favorite page in the whole book so far.

Other noteworthy pages in "Into the Wild"--

Page 54.

Page 38.

Page 12.

And the first third of page 29 was incredible.


OH, DUDE!!! I just put on my iTunes and the song "Lady Godiva's Operation" came on from the Velvet Underground's "White Light/White Heat" Album.



What a perfect album for a dreary day!!!

Eff "Into the Wild!" I'm listening to "White Light/White Heat!"

And then I'm going to hang out with an Asian guy walking a Bernese Mountain Dog!




I love dreary Wednesdays!!!!


ON THIS GREAT DAY, FEBRUARY 20, 2008, DOTSON SALUTES DRINKING HOT CHOCOLATE ON A DREARY L.A. DAY BECAUSE IT ALLOWS YOU TO HANG OUT WITH YOUR TAURUS FRIEND AND HIS BUSINESS PARTNER AND IT MAKES YOU THINK OF WHEN YOU FIRST STARTED HANGING OUT WITH GAY PEOPLE AND HOW THE FIRST FIVE TIMES WHEN THEY INTRODUCED THEIR "PARTNER" YOU DIDN'T REALIZE IT WAS THEIR LOVER, BUT EVENTUALLY YOU FIGURED IT OUT AND BECAUSE THEN YOU'RE LISTENING TO YOUR ITUNES AND "LADY GODIVA'S OPERATION" COMES ON AND ALL OF A SUDDEN YOU FEEL BETTER AND THEN YOU CAN HANG OUT WITH ASIAN GUYS AND BERNESE MOUNTAIN DOGS.




Anyone for tennis??? Wouldn't that be nice???



Chris Dotson

Dotman's (Soon-to-be Featured?) Joke of the Day

No comments: