Thursday, February 14, 2008

Dotson Salutes - william m

Last night I played pool with my German actor friend and some of his friends. The German and I split an order of nachos at one point. The night before, the German and I shared a quesadilla at a bowling alley. I guess that's what life is like when you're single. You eat a lot of Mexican food with Germans.

When you're single, you also spend more time on the internet than you once did. And you find yourself visiting websites you wouldn't normally visit.

That's when I stumbled upon a website wondering if New York Giants Quarterback Eli Manning is "overrated." (The article can be found here.)

This is what Eli Manning looks like when he sings karaoke--




Anyway, the article wondering if Eli Manning was overrated or not was kind of boring. Even as a single guy, I have better things to do than read articles about Capricorn quarterbacks. So I looked at the first five or six sentences and then skipped to the bottom of the page where they posted the "reader comments." (I have to imagine that's how most people read my blog as well. Sorry I don't have more reader comments. Or pictures of girls in thongs.)

That's when I came across one comment that really struck me.


The comment looked like this---



(If you can't read the comment, click on it and it will become larger! Otherwise, it says this-- "who care,s theres more problems in this country than Eli being overated" and was written by "william m.")


What an amazing human being this "william m" is! By only using 12 words, he cut right through the absurdity of discussing whether or not a Capricorn quarterback was overrated or not and reminded us all that there are more problems in this country!

Right off the top of my head, I can think of at least three more bigger problems. Maybe even five.


3 TO 5 BIGGER PROBLEMS IN THIS COUNTRY THAN ELI MANNING'S VALUE ON THE FOOTBALL FIELD-

1. When the eff is my effin' management company gonna get in here and fix my toilet?

2. What's up with Libras? No, REALLY! What is up with Libras???

3. How come the Thai restaurant near my apartment prints one price on their menu, but when you go pick up your food and pay for it, everything is always at least 45¢ more than the price that was on the menu? I mean, why even put prices on the menus to begin with if you're not going to honor them or at least keep them current?

4. I just remembered that I fixed my own toilet and don't need to be dependent on some stinking management company. I'm a man, baby!! I'm 40!!!

5. Can't think of any other problems in this country right now.


So as you can see, william m was right. With his impassioned plea of "who care,s theres more problems in this country than Eli being overated" he got all of us to put things in perspective and reminded us once and for all that there are larger things in life than football and Capricorns.

And that is a lesson I will never forget. I will retain it for the rest of my life, or at least until I wake up tomorrow morning. Whichever comes sooner.

The Dotman wishes all of you a Happy Valentine's Day!


ON THIS GREAT DAY, FEBRUARY 14, 2008, DOTSON SALUTES william m FOR CUTTING THROUGH THE CRAP OF WHETHER OR NOT ELI MANNING IS AN OVERRATED QUARTERBACK AND REMINDING US THAT THERE ARE MUCH LARGER PROBLEMS IN THIS COUNTRY, LIKE WHAT'S UP WITH LIBRAS, WHY DOES THE THAI RESTAURANT NEAR ME CHARGE PRICES THAT AREN'T CONSISTENT WITH THE PRICES ON THEIR MENU, AND THE FORMER PROBLEM THAT I USED TO HAVE WITH MY TOILET BUT THAT I FIXED MYSELF BECAUSE I'M A MAN AND I'M 40.


Now this is my kind of Valentine!




Chris Dotson

Dotman's Jokes

2 comments:

Tor us, a? said...

Hi Dotson here is a comment for your blog since you were complaining that you don't get very many but i have to ask what is your concern with Libras.

Chris Dotson Salutes said...

Yeah, sometimes even I get caught up in the "big" questions, like "why are we here?" and "what's up with Libras?" But then I remember the immortal words of william m and think to myself, "who care,s theres more problems in this country than Libras."

So carry on, Libras! Keep doing what you do!

Lots of love,
Dotson