Friday, March 14, 2008

Dotson Salutes - Auditions!

I slept well last night. Syd Barrett's ghost didn't haunt me at all. He must have been able so solve his problem without the assistance of The Dot.

Fine by me.

Guess what I did today?!

I went to an audition!!

It was awesome!!!

I got to go to a studio called FAX. They're the people who do "The Simpsons" and football. That place is incredible! It's so big that when you pull in there, the guy gives you a map so you can find your audition!

They shoot all kinds of shows at FAX, including that show "How I Met Your Mom" and I saw one of the dudes from the show!

It was this guy---



Remember him?? He's like in "40 Year Old Virgin" and stuff!

Cool.

Then I went to the audition itself. It was for a show and I was going out for a part.

I READ FOR A PART!!!!

ON A TV SHOW!!!!

I effin' love this town. I just effin' love it.

Incidentally, on Sunday I'm going to another audition. They don't usually have auditions on Sundays, but sometimes they do and I got one!!!

The audition on Sunday is for a new show. It's a pilot! Actors love it when they can audition for pilots.

Wouldn't it be funny, though, if when I audition for the pilot on Sunday, I go into the casting room and they want me to read the scene with AN ACTUAL PILOT???



How funny would that be?

I know I'D find it humorous!


And so would Charlton Hepburn!




ON THIS GREAT DAY, MARCH 14, 2008, DOTSON SALUTES AUDITIONS BECAUSE YOU GET TO GO TO FAX AND SEE THAT AWESOME ACTOR FROM "HOW I MET YOUR MOM" AND "THE 40 YEAR-OLD VIRGIN" AND YOU GET TO TRY OUT FOR A PART AND BECAUSE MAYBE SOMEDAY WHEN YOU AUDITION FOR A PILOT, YOU'LL READ YOUR SCENE WITH AN ACTUAL PILOT BECAUSE DOTSON AND CHARLTON HEPBURN WOULD FIND THAT HUMOROUS.


Hey! You know how whenever you order calamari at a restaurant, they never seem to give you enough dipping sauce?

So does The Dotman! That's why he made a joke about it!




Chris Dotson

Dotman's Jokes of the Mother Effin' Day!

1 comment:

Sandor said...

Congratulations Dotman.

Hope you soon get a role in one of those tv shows!!

Blog Archive