Monday, March 3, 2008

Dotson Salutes - "Da Road" by Corin Nemec

I ended up not making it to Joshua Tree yesterday. My Leo friend who had been camping there gave me a call and told me it was too bloody windy. Wind was just blowing the shit out of everything and stuff was flying and it was oh so Marry Poppins.

So instead I hung out with mom and grandma and my aunt for nine more hours before heading back to LA.

While I was hanging out with mom, grandma, and aunt, I was reading this rad book by Corin Nemec called "Da Road." (Corin Nemec also wrote the book "No Comfort for Old Fools" that went on to win The Best Picture Oscar® at the Oscars®. It was the first time in history that a book won an award that's usually given to a film.)



"Da Road" is gripping. I was sitting there reading it and thinking to myself, "DAMN, this is a gripping book! It's just gripping the shit out of me!" --- And if you've never had your shit gripped while reading a book, then you are missing out, my friend.

Anyway, the book is good. I'm halfway through it and I already went online and reserved another of Nemec's books at my local library. That book is called "Blood Meridian" and I believe the book is based on a Leonardo DiCaprio movie of a similar name.



ON THIS GREAT DAY, MARCH 3, 2008, DOTSON SALUTES THE BOOK "DA ROAD" BY CORIN NEMEC FOR GIVING DOTSON AN ACTIVITY IN LIEU OF HANGING OUT AT THE JOSHUA TREE, FOR BEING GRIPPING AND FOR BEING SO GOOD THAT DOTSON WANTS TO READ OTHER CORIN NEMEC BOOKS LIKE "BLOOD MERIDIAN" AND I THINK THAT'S IT FOR NOW, BUT I MIGHT ALSO READ "NO COMFORT FOR OLD FOOLS" AT SOME POINT AS WELL. AND MAYBE "ALL THE PRETTY HORSES." BUT THAT'S IT. AND MAYBE "NO COMFORT FOR OLD FOOLS."

The Dotman is getting the shit kicked out of him at funnyordie.com today. People be all voting, "DIE, Dotman! DIE!" It's awesome. And to think I'd be missing out on this whole funnyordie experience if I hadn't gotten dropped from YouTube.



Chris Dotson

Dotman's Joke of the Day

No comments:

Blog Archive