Sunday, March 2, 2008

Dotson Salutes - The Joshua Tree

Today's salute goes out to.. I'm not sure yet.

All I know right now is that last night I had a massive series of wacky dreams that I haven't quite been able to shake off.

Now I'm back at this coffee shop I've visited the previous two days to get a wireless signal and I'm drinking a medium-sized cup of peppermint tea. I also picked up a piece of zucchini bread for my hike later this afternoon.

In about 2 hours I'm going to leave for the Joshua Tree National Park to meet up with my Leo architect buddy.

My Leo architect buddy is Virgo Rising and since we're in Pisces, I told him for the next few weeks or so, he's "basically fucked." My Leo friend told me that oddly enough, he'd been feeling "fucked" recently. He told me he was thinking about taking a road trip and just getting out of town. I told him that sounded like a great idea! So he headed to Joshua Tree and I'm going to meet up with him later today. I think he's going to drive other places after he leaves the Joshua Tree, too. I just don't know what those places are yet.

Maybe he'll go to Mexico!



Anyway, the Joshua Tree should be fun. I've been there a couple times before.

The famous band W2 even made an album about it.



In my opinion, the album was pretty boring because all W2 did was take a microphone and record the sound of the desert for 57 minutes. Personally, that's just not my idea of "rock 'n roll." But W2 has quite a following (All over the world, even!), so apparently there are tons and tons of people who like listening to the sounds of the desert on their iPod.

Whatevs.


ON THIS GREAT DAY, MARCH 2, 2008, DOTSON SALUTES THE JOSHUA TREE FOR BEING A PLACE WHERE MY LEO ARCHITECT FRIEND CAN FIND REFUGE DURING PISCES, FOR BEING THE INSPIRATION OF W2'S ALBUM OF THE SAME NAME AND FOR BEING A PLACE THAT DOTSON HAS BEEN TO A COUPLE TIMES BEFORE.

The zucchini bread I purchased looks like this ---




Chris Dotson

Dotman's Controversial Joke of the Day

No comments:

Blog Archive