Friday, March 7, 2008

Dotson Salutes - New shit coming to light.

Last night my Cancer filmmaker friend came over to my apartment. He's doing a 5-minute film about dreams, so he interviewed me on camera about my dreams since everyone who knows me knows that I have 4 or 5 dreams every night.

4 OR 5 DREAMS EVERY NIGHT WITHOUT FAIL!


WITHOUT FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Hey, you know how I can't stop talking about how my movies got deleted from YouTube? Well, this morning I got up and googled "youtube censorship" and found this article from The York Times. And according to the article, it's not quite as easy to get deleted from YouTube as one might think. In the article, it says that an actual YouTube staff member DOES look at any "flagged" videos to determine whether they truly are "inappropriate." BUT, what happens is that if they determine that the material IS for mature audiences, they just put one of those things on there where you click "Yes, I'm over 18" to prove that you are a mature person and can watch some mature shit.

Apparently it's not YouTube's policy to just up and delete users like I was deleted.

Huh!

So after reading this, I got even more confused.

THEN, the comedy editor at YouTube (The guy who likes The Dotman and wanted to feature him a couple weeks back) emailed me and told me he was just as confused as I was about the videos getting deleted. And he said they got deleted THE DAY BEFORE Dotman was going to be featured in the comedy section. He said he was "pretty annoyed" to see that my videos had been pulled and also said that he'd been "snowed under" by YouTube higher-ups in the past.

I wrote him back about what my theories were (The Religious Right ganging up on my Oral Roberts joke, and/or a YouTube staff member who hated my "Barack Obama/John F Kennedy" video) and he told me that neither of those scenarios seemed like possibilities to him because... that kind of stuff just doesn't happen. But, he told me he had someone looking into it for me, so that was exciting!

I like it when people look into stuff for me!!!

And who knows what new shit might come to light????!!!!



Only Jeffrey Lebowski knows for sure.

ON THIS GREAT DAY, MARCH 7, 2008, DOTSON SALUTES NEW SHIT COMING TO LIGHT BECAUSE THAT MEANS THAT SOMEBODY AT YOUTUBE FINALLY GOT BACK TO YOU ABOUT YOUR ACCOUNTS GETTING DELETED AND MAYBE YOUTUBE DOESN'T REALLY HATE YOU AFTER ALL AND WHATEVER BECAUSE SHIT HAPPENS AND YOU DON'T FEEL LIKE TYPING ANYMORE BECAUSE IT'S FRIDAY AFTERNOON AND IT'S TIME TO IRON YOUR SHIRT AND TAKE A NAP!!!!


In other news, today I also ate some watermelon---





And here's the latest from The Dotman. In today's entry, Dotman compares Los Angeles Public Schools and Minnesota Public Schools.




Chris Dotson

Dotman's Jokes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

chris
im a capicorn
and i think you're hilarious
with a capital hill.

adamdavis

Blog Archive