Saturday, March 1, 2008

Dotson Salutes - The Planet Neptune

I'm currently reading this book called "Alive & Well With Neptune."



An astrologer years ago told me I should read everything I could about the planet Neptune, because according to the astrologer, Neptune is my "legacy."

So, 8 years after being told to read up on Neptune, I'm finally getting around to doing it.

I came across this book at a used book store the same day I got booted from YouTube. And since I was feeling completely directionless and unstable that day, I decided to buy the S.O.B.

After tax, the total of the book came to $5.41, which is great because 541 is one of my lucky numbers!

Sweet.

I'm not going to bore y'all with the ins and outs of Neptune, but basically we're under a Neptune influence for the next few weeks because right now we are in Pisces and Pisces is ruled by the planet Neptune.

And all you really need to know is that for the next few weeks, things might be a bit "sloppy" in your world. Projects might get stalled or not get done correctly, people might flake out on you, etc. And if you're a Virgo, or have Virgo energy somewhere in your chart, my best advice to you is to step away from the wheel and let go of your usual perfectionist ways until we get into Aries.


In other news, my mom hates my facial hair. I knew she would. She hasn't gotten on me too badly about it, but I know she prefers me clean-shaven.

The facial hair looks like this---




Also, I'm considering bringing profanity into the world of the Dotman's Joke of the Day. In previous jokes, I'd drop the occasional F-bomb, but I'd bleep it out. Now I'm thinking it might be time to just let loose and see where it goes. I'm thinking that just like YouTube decided to censor me, maybe I've been censoring myself a little. Now it's time to really take the Dotman OUT THERE.

And I've been thinking a lot lately about one of my favorite movies of all-time called "Performance," starring Mick Jagger.



It's an incredibly goofy movie that was filmed in the 60s, but for whatever reason, I love this thing. And one of my favorite quotes from the movie is when Mick Jagger's character, "Turner", says this--

"The only performance that makes it... that makes it all the way, is the one that achieves madness."


And guess who popped up in my dream last night?




ON THIS GREAT DAY, MARCH 1, 2008, DOTSON SALUTES THE PLANET NEPTUNE FOR BEING ALL WEIRD AND STUFF AND FOR HAVING A BOOK WRITTEN ABOUT IT THAT WILL FIND YOU THE DAY THAT YOU GET BANNED FROM YOUTUBE AND COST THE SAME PRICE AS YOUR LUCKY NUMBER AND GIVE YOU ALL KINDS OF AWESOME INFORMATION THAT IS PERTINENT TO YOUR OWN WORLD VIEW, BUT MIGHT BE BORING TO OTHER PEOPLE SO YOU DON'T WRITE ABOUT IT IN GREAT DEPTH IN YOUR BLOG, AND THEN YOU HAVE A DREAM WITH MICK JAGGER IN IT.


In my Mick Jagger dream, I was riding with him in a car. He was driving. I was sitting in the passenger seat with my laptop, trying to get a wireless signal. We were trying to get Mick to the airport and didn't know how to get there. But I never was able to get online to get directions, so we ended up just going back to his hotel and there was this big party in the lobby and Mick introduced me too all kinds of cool people and we had a nice time. My mother would have approved.

Chris Dotson

Dotman's Apparently Controversial Joke of the Day

2 comments:

april said...

Madness. Funny thing: Ted Mann--who founded Circle in the Square Theatre (where I studied), and who also "discovered" John Malcovich--and I had a conversation about recognizing "talent" about 11 years ago. I asked him how he could tell if someone had "it." And he said (something like) "I don't even need to see them on stage or anything... there's always a certain unmistakable... MADNESS in their eye." I never forgot that. And I tried from that moment on to let it rip.

Chris Dotson Salutes said...

It's the eye of the tiger, it's the cream of the fight

Risin' up to the challenge of our rival

And the last known survivor stalks his prey in the night

And he's watchin' us all in the eye of the tiger

Blog Archive