Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Dotson Salutes - Putting your "banned" videos back up on YouTube.

And I told myself today I was going to check my email once when I woke up and once when I went to bed and then NO COMPUTER for the whole rest of the day.

My plan was to organize all my receipts for my accountant so he could get going on my taxes.

But who can think about taxes when there's the WORLD WIDE WEB out there??!!

So that's what I've done today. I've spent the whole damn day on the world wide web.

At one point I left my apartment to do yoga and at another time I left to go get lunch. But other than that, it's been "Internet City" up in this piece.

I'm listening to iTunes as well. I've been listening to more fucking iTunes in the past three weeks than I've listened to in my whole life. I need music at all times right now. I blame Pisces.

---

More musings on my recent "ban" from YouTube--


1. Other people have of course experienced this same thing. There's one chick whose videos also got removed and she didn't receive an explanation from YouTube, either. Her videoS were of a political nature, so it's only natural that there would be people out there who wouldn't agree with the information they contained. So I guess some folks "flagged" it and it got removed.

2. Last time I wrote about this, I was especially upset because I had 2 YouTube accounts and only ONE of them received complaints, yet BOTH accounts were deleted. Well, it dawned on me this morning that both accounts were linked to the same email address. So I'm guessing what happened is that the YouTube machine deleted my email address and that's why both accounts went away. So... I re-posted all of my (hopefully) "non-inappropriate" videos at youtube.com/notdavidlynch.

3. There was of course a part of me that didn't want to re-post anything. That part of me said "Screw you, YouTube! I'll take my work elsewhere!" But at the same time, I don't want the people who raised a ruckus to think they "won." I realize the situation I find myself is nothing new. Throughout history, there have been groups who have tried to suppress creativity and dissent. Of course, it's never explained to them that their best strategy is to simply IGNORE what's upsetting them. Instead, they... man, all this linear thinking is hurting my head. But basically what I'm getting at here is that I'm pissed off because I very much enjoy sitting here in my safe European home and not being involved in anything, especially "causes." Just the thought of "causes" makes me want to vomit up the raw almonds I ate for lunch. But I definitely feel like I'm being pulled onto a new path because who has the right to tell me that I can't make stupid, unfunny videos for the internet? I mean for fuck's sake! The Dotman Jokes were getting 8 hits a day. That's it! EIGHT! Why raise a ruckus?? Dotman wasn't hurting anyone. But now it's bigger than that. It's about self-expression and censorship and faceless cowards who think...

But the bottom line here is that whoever the crusaders are who tried to snuff out The Dotman, they honestly believed they were doing the "right" thing. Furthermore, they are offspring of God and it's not my place to judge them, even if they judge me. God put everyone here for a reason (At least, that's my theory) and... again my head is starting to hurt. All I know is I'm going to keep making the Dotman jokes and eventually he'll have his own website so I can just post the fuckers and not have to deal with any of this other crap.

4. And the only other thought is that when it comes to YouTube, the viewer (AKA "the critic") holds all the power. The artist is more or less fucked. So if an artist creates something that strikes a chord (which I believe is the point of art in the first place), of course people are going to object and get their panties in a bunch. But those critics do not have the right to destroy the creation and make it vanish. (Except on YouTube, of course. On YouTube the critics can destroy anything and everything they want! Here's to negativity!!!)


Man, this blog sure was a lot funnier before the whole YouTube thing.


If you just read all that, you definitely deserve to see a picture of a hippo. Enjoy this picture of a hippo-- you earned it!!




In fact, here's another--- IT'S "TWO-HIPPO TUESDAY" AT DOTSON SALUTES!!!




ON THIS GREAT DAY, MARCH 4, 2008, DOTSON SALUTES PUTTING YOUR "BANNED" VIDEOS BACK UP ON YOUTUBE BECAUSE YOU GET TO SPEND THE WHOLE DAY ON YOUR COMPUTER INSTEAD OF GETTING YOUR RECEIPTS TOGETHER FOR YOUR ACCOUNTANT AND YOU GET TO TRY TO WRITE ABOUT LINEAR THINGS THAT MIGHT INFLUENCE PEOPLE BUT YOUR MIND DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY SO YOU START TO WRITE SOMETHING HEART-FELT BUT THEN INSTEAD YOU DIGRESS AND POST PICTURES OF HIPPOS BECAUSE PEOPLE WOULD RATHER LOOK AT HIPPO PICTURES, ANYWAY.


Also, I created a new YouTube account with a new email for The Dotman's Jokes. I don't know if it will get deleted at some point, but I felt compelled to do it. I'm only going to put jokes up there from today onwards, though. I'm not posting the old jokes.

Dotman on YouTube is right here.


And over at funnyordie.com, The Dotman is getting his ass handed to him yet again!




Chris Dotson

Dotman's Jokes

No comments:

Blog Archive