Thursday, March 13, 2008

Dotson Salutes - Syd Barrett's Ghost

I slept with the light on last night. I ain't afraid to admit it.

I'm pretty sure it was the ghost of Syd Barrett who kept me up.



Syd Barrett was either the founder or one of the founders of this band called Pink Floyds. He did pretty much one album with them and then he became a recluse and lived with his mother.

In later years, Syd Barrett looked like this--




I've been listening to a lot of Pink Floyds lately. Just assloads. I don't know why I've had this hankering for their music again. I just have.

My favorite Syd Barrett/Pink Floyds song is definitely "Arnold Layne."



And I'm not the only person who's a fan of "Arnold Layne." Apparently Daniel Bowie is, too! And if you click here, you can see him singing it at a karaoke bar!

Anyway, I hope Syd Barrett lets me sleep tonight. Otherwise, it would be great if he could just tell me what he wants, kind of like in the movie "The Six Cents", where Bruce Willis plays a little girl who can see dead people. And she thinks the dead people want to kill her, but they really just want her help! So, Syd Barrett, if there's anything I can do for you, just ask! I'm good at doing favors. Just no blow jobs, please.


ON THIS GREAT DAY, MARCH 13, 2008, DOTSON SALUTES SYD BARRETT'S GHOST FOR SPOOKING DOTSON AND FORCING HIM TO SLEEP WITH THE LIGHT ON AND FOR HOPEFULLY COMMUNICATING WITH DOTSON AND LETTING HIM KNOW IF THERE ARE ANY FAVORS DOTSON MIGHT BE ABLE TO DO FOR HIM BECAUSE DOTSON SURE LIKES SYD BARRETT'S MUSIC A LOT, BUT AT THE SAME TIME DOTSON ALSO VALUES HIS REST.


In today's Dotman joke, The Dotman takes on dirty, dirty vegans.




Also, TOMORROW I have my first audishin in like A MONTH!!! It's been so long since my last audyshin, I can't even remember how to spell it!


Chris Dotson

Dotman's Jokes

No comments:

Blog Archive