Thursday, April 17, 2008

Dotson Salutes - Sleeping a lot and reading.

I think I slept about 10 hours last night. I was doing poker with the seniors yesterday evening and I got t-i-r-e-d.

Usually there's this angry lady named Ruth who plays and she keeps me and all the other seniors on our toes. But last night she wasn't there and poker went very smoothly and I guess without the threat of Ruth yelling at me or someone else, the whole thing just lulled me to sleep.

So I came home and pretty much went to bed.

Today has so far proved to be equally exciting!!!

Here's what I did---

1. Woke up.
2. Took a shower and shampooed my hair.
3. Ate Thai Food for lunch.
6. Watched the rest of the Richard Pryor Concert DVD I'd rented.
4. Went to the library and finished reading the Alan Greenspam book (I didn't read ALL of it, of course. That would be boring. I skipped around and read the important parts) and read some more of the "Hip Book" I borrowed from my Aquarius friend.
5. Went to a coffee shop to read some more and get a hot chocolate.

Now I'm home and GUESS WHAT???????

I'm tired!!!



But that's what reading does to me. It makes me tired. I honestly don't know how kids make it through college with all that reading they're required to do. I mean, I open a book and after 3 MINUTES I'm nodding off and I literally have to tap my foot and/or do shoulder shrugs to keep my body from falling asleep.

READING IS NUTS, MAN!



ON THIS GREAT DAY, APRIL 17, 2008, DOTSON SALUTES SLEEPING A LOT (AND READING) BECAUSE SOMETIMES YOUR BODY NEEDS MORE REST THAN IT DOES OTHER TIMES AND IT'S GOOD TO LISTEN TO YOUR BODY AND SLEEP MORE SOMETIMES AND NOT GET ALL WORKED UP ABOUT HOW YOU'RE "LAZY" AND/OR "NOT BEING PRODUCTIVE" AND ANY OF THAT SHIT AND JUST UNPLUG FROM WHAT PEOPLE EXPECT YOU TO BE AND JUST BE YOURSELF AND IF BEING YOURSELF MEANS THAT YOU SLEEP MORE THAN OTHER PEOPLE AND GET TIRED AFTER READING MORE THAN 3 MINUTES, THEN SO BE IT AND DON'T JUDGE YOURSELF AND REMEMBER TO FLOSS AND LOOK AT THE KITTY!!!


KITTY!!!!


Today's Dotman Joke is about the Pope, I think. It's not like I watch his videos.




Chris Dotson

Dotman's Joke of the Day

No comments: