Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Dotson Salutes - Tuesdays

Man! Thank GOD yesterday is over.

Yesterday sucked for me.

I just could not get going all day. Then I had that "Cesar Chavez debacle" at the library, which I wrote about yesterday.

I was so drained when I got home last night that I needed a drink way bad. And since I don't drink alcohol anymore, I did the next best thing and pounded a bottle of Perrier.



That got me feeling better for a little while, but then I took a shower and when I got out of the shower, I noticed a huge zit on my back.

The back zit looked like this---



JEEZ!

So then I finally got around to watching the DVD of "Pink Floyd: The Wall," that I rented from Netflix way back when.

And while I watched the movie, I drowned my sorrows in a box of dried milk chocolate strawberries that my Aries photographer friend MADE ME TAKE from her.



Anyway, the movie was pretty good and then I went to bed, but since I watched a Pink Floyd movie just before going to bed, the ghost of Syd Barrett of course paid me a visit and woke me up at 4:32am.

And every time Syd Barrett's ghost visits me (EVERY TIME!) it's always the Syd Barrett where he's shaved off his eyebrows---

((NOTE TO READER: I was going to post the "Syd Barret no-eybrows picture" here, but then I decided that the other dudes from Pink Floyd would appreciate it if I didn't post it, so I decided not to post it.))

And then when Syd Barrett (or any spirit) visits me, I get scared and then to counteract the being scared part, I get mad and I yell at the spirit, "This is MY apartment! MY APARTMENT!" And I try to yell in a way that is loud enough for the spirit to get the point, but not so loud that I wake up my neighbors. Because if my neighbors were to be woken up in the middle of the night to me yelling, "This is MY APARTMENT!!", they might think I'm nuts.

And I'm not nuts at all.




ON THIS GREAT DAY, APRIL 1, 2008, DOTSON SALUTES TUESDAYS FOR NOT BEING MONDAYS BECAUSE LAST NIGHT SUCKED AND I FOUND A BIG ZIT ON MY BACK AND I JUST COULDN'T GET GOING ALL DAY AND FELT LIKE A WASTE OF LIFE AND THEN I WATCHED "THE WALL" AND ATE THE CHOCOLATE-COVERED DRIED STRAWBERRIES AND THAT WAS FUN, BUT THEN I HAD A BAD SYD BARRETT DREAM AND I'M PRETTY SURE HIS SPIRIT VISITED ME AND EVEN THOUGH IT'S PROBABLY NOT NICE TO YELL AT SPIRITS, THEY FREAK ME OUT SO I YELL AT THEM LOUD ENOUGH FOR THEM TO GET THE POINT, BUT NOT SO LOUD THAT I WAKE UP MY NEIGHBORS BECAUSE I'M COURTEOUS AND I AM THE GUY YOU WANT LIVING NEXT TO YOU IN AN APARTMENT BUILDING.

Happy April Fool's Day, everyone!

I tried to get The Dotman to do an April Fool's joke today, but he wanted to rip into Cesar Chavez a little bit more. (And who can blame him? Cesar Chavez is a prick!)



Chris Dotson

Dotman's Joke of the Day

No comments: