I like letters!
And the letters Y, S, and F are three of my favorite letters of all-time!
So I was elated to see all three of those letters altogether to spell the word YSF!
YSF = "Young Storytellers Foundation."
I know this chick who works with this YSF thing and basically what happens is that they take a kid who is like 7 and pair them up with an adult and tell the adult, "No funny business with the kid! Just help them write a GODDAMN STORY!"
And then the adult helps the kid write the story and the story is like 5 or 9 pages in length.
THEN, when the story is all written, they have actors PERFORM the story in front of a live audience at a school.
That's where I came into play!
It was me and 11 other actors and what happened was before the show started, the kids would pick which of us they wanted to play what parts and then we would play them. We didn't have to memorize the lines, either. They gave us each a script so we could read from it.
I got to play several characters! Here is a list of characters I got to play---
1. A soccer coach
2. A 3-year-old named "Alejandro"
3. An 11-year-old named "George" whose grandmother turned into a zombie every night at 10pm.
4. A 7-year-old who ate too much tuna fish at the zoo and got a stomachache
5. A police officer
6. Some kid's mother
I played even more characters than that, too! But those are the ones I remember right now.
AND! WE ALL GOT FREE PROGRAMS!!!
The programs looked like this---
ALSO! I am experiencing a Pluto Transit right now and am therefore completely cut off from my emotions.
This is a picture of me looking completely cut off from my emotions---
Yeah!!! Pluto transits!!!
ON THIS GREAT DAY, APRIL 8, 2008, DOTSON SALUTES YSF FOR DOING THE STORYTELLING THING WITH THE KIDS AND THE MENTORS, THUS ENABLING DOTSON TO GO TO AN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL AND BE ON A STAGE WITH OTHER ACTORS AND ACT OUT THE STORIES OF THE KIDS IN FRONT OF A LIVE AUDIENCE AND THUS ENABLING DOTSON TO PLAY A SOCCER COACH AND THE 11-YEAR-OLD WHOSE GRANDMOTHER TURNS INTO A ZOMBIE AT 10PM EVERY NIGHT AND THERE WAS ONE FREE BOTTLE OF WATER PER ACTOR AND I ALSO GOT A FREE SLICE OF DOMINO'S PIZZA.
Hey! The Dotman has a new look! Check it out---
Dotman's Joke of the Day
- Dotson Salutes - Tub
- Dotson Salutes - Elita Loresca
- Dotson Salutes - COFFEE!!!!!!!
- Dotson Salutes - Bearded Dragons
- Dotson Salutes - $2.60 Tax Relief Checks
- Dotson Salutes - Books
- Dotson Salutes - I watch hockey now.
- Dotson Salutes - TROPHY!!
- Dotson Salutes - "Sex, Drugs, and Videotape"
- Dotson Salutes - Sage
- Dotson Salutes - Full Moons
- Dotson Salutes - Autographed "Inland Empire" DVDs
- Dotson Salutes - Bob Dylan's Son's Coffee Shop
- Dotson Salutes - Sleeping a lot and reading.
- Dotson Salutes - Gift Mugs
- Dotson Salutes - Joel Gallagher
- Dotson Salutes - Getting things done while not eve...
- Dotson Salutes - Tut
- Dotson Salutes - Minnesota Parties
- Dotson Salutes - Eating a Caesar Salad
- Dotson Salutes - Wishing you didn't have to shave....
- Dotson Salutes - "When Harry Met Sammy"
- Dotson Salutes - YSF
- Dotson Salutes - Acting in a pilot.
- Dotson Salutes - Chucky Bronson
- Dotson Salutes - Big Ds
- Dotson Salutes - Hiding from Aries
- Dotson Salutes - www.centerpointe.com
- Dotson Salutes - Himself for correctly guessing St...
- Dotson Salutes - Tuesdays
- ▼ April (30)