Monday, June 30, 2008

Dotson Salutes - Brooklyn

Yesterday was to be a full-on kite-flying-picnic day at Prospect Park in Brooklyn.

Prospect Park looks like this---



Man, I sure could have gone for some of that action!

But what happened is that God thought it would be a GREAT IDEA if it were to rain hard and lightning yesterday afternoon. So it did. And the picnic got rained out. ALSO! My Libra friend was supposed to fly to Detroit yesterday on business and his flight couldn't leave due to the weather. So the devastation knew no bounds!

So instead of picnicking and doing waterfalls and whatnot, my Pisces friend and his girlfriend (pictured below) and I went to my Pisces friend's house and kicked it there.



FIRST, we watched "The Presidio" on Blu-Ray DVD!



Then my Pisces friend's roommate and his roommate's girlfriend made us dinner!

This is a picture of my Pisces friend's roommate making dinner in the background and me being excited about dinner in the foreground.

ALSO! Pisces friend's girlfriend made PUDDING!!!!!!!!!

Finally, all of us adjourned to the common room to play poker.

This is what us playing poker looks like---



I walked away up $15.70 on the evening. And when you factor in the $15.70 with the fact that I also got a free dinner and free pudding and free popcorn (I hadn't even mentioned the POPCORN yet,) ALSO I just remembered I got a free sandwich earlier in the day! So when you add all that up, it means that Brooklyn is the place to be for free stuff and poker winnings and so what if it rained because we had an awesome time and God can't prevent me from living my life to the fullest and I was talking to my Libra friend just now and he and I agreed that MySpace is "ass" and that Friendster is "assier."

ON THIS GREAT DAY, JUNE 30, 2008, DOTSON SALUTES BROOKLYN BECAUSE EVEN THOUGH GOD RAINS OUT YOUR PICNIC, THERE'S STILL THINGS TO DO LIKE EAT FREE MEALS AND WATCH "THE PRESIDIO" AND WIN AT POKER AND THAT PUDDING WAS DELICIOUS.


The Dotman continues to broadcast his Jokes of the Day from my Libra friend's bathroom doorway in Brooklyn. I believe today's joke is about Nelson Mandela.






i'm Talkathon

Chris Dotson

Dotman's Jokes

No comments: