Sunday, June 29, 2008

Dotson Salutes - Chelsea & Broadway

My allergies are killing me! That's why I like living in L.A. I don't get allergies there. But if I go home to Minneapolis or if I go to New York, it's like BAM! I have allergies again. Just like that.

Whatevs. I'm strong. I'll make it through.

Yesterday I met up with my Just-barely Gemini Friend (He was born June 21) and we went to some galleries in the Chelsea area. One of the galleries we went to was called Paul Kasmin Gallery.



My Just-barely Gemini Friend took a picture of some bears in a tree--



We also went to other galleries called Mike Weiss Gallery, Aperture and Shafrazi. There were a couple others, as well, but I didn't write the names down in my cell phone. All the galleries was free. So that was cool. The art cost money, though. And a lot of the art was EXPENSIVE (Much of it costing over $5), so we decided not to buy any.

Later we got burgers at this joint called The Half King. It's co-owned by the dude who wrote "The Perfect Storm," starring George Clooney.

This is a picture of the bathroom from The Half King.



I took this picture because the urinal was pretty high up on the wall. More higher up than urinals usually are! When I got up to it, I wasn't sure I was going to be able to get my thing over it without the assistance of a step of some kind. But I did it!

Later Libra friend and I walked around Chelsea and took pictures outside of and inside The Chelsea Hotel. That's where Sid Vicious died.

This is what the outside looks like--



And the inside is like an art gallery in and of itself!!



Then we went to the Fratiron Building.



I thought there would be more frat guys there, but there weren't. Didn't see any, in fact.

After all that jive, it was time to go to our Broadway show. We saw "Spamalot." Allergies were kicking the asses of both me and my Libra friend throughout the show. I had stockpiled a bunch of toilet paper and napkins from The Half King before arriving at the theater and me and Libra friend burned threw it all.



Then when the show was over, my Libra friend and Pisces friend begrudgingly let me walk around Times Square for a bit.





Then we got Vietnamese food.


ON THIS GREAT DAY, JUNE 29, 2008, DOTSON SALUTES CHELSEA AND BROADWAY BECAUSE YOU GET TO GO TO ART GALLERIES FOR FREE AND THEN YOU GO TO HAMBURGER HAMLET AND USE A URINAL THAT'S PRETTY HIGH UP ON THE WALL, BUT YOU'RE ABLE TO URINATE IN IT ANYWAY AND YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE MADE OF NOW AND YOU KNOW THAT WHEN IT COMES TO URINALS BEING PRETTY HIGH UP ON THE WALL THAT THEY CAN'T STOP YOU AND YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING.

Also, that i'm Talkathon I acted in is being advertised all over myspace today and I've been getting some pretty weird emails from folks, including an email from Actor/Writer/Comedian/Capricorn Jonathan Mangum.

Here's what Jonathan wrote--

Your name is not Parker you lying ass commercial whore motherfucker.

-Jonathan


It's fun to get fan mail! FUN!


i'm Talkathon

Chris Dotson

Dotman's Joke of the Day

No comments: