Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Dotson Salutes - Every David Bowie song except "Young Americans."

Yesterday I forgot to take my iPod in the car with me, so me and Libra Girlfriend had to drive around all day listening to the effin' radio.

At one point, the David Bowie song "Young Americans" came on. It's not my favorite Bowie song, but it WAS Bowie, so I figured I'd leave it. Plus, I assumed Libra Girlfriend wanted to hear the song since all chicks LOVE David Bowie.

David Bowie looks like this---



So basically what happened is that we listened to "Young Americans" for what felt like several seconds and then I said to Libra G.F., "Do you mind if I see if there's something else on?" And she said, "Oh, God. Please!"

And then we found another song. (I think we settled on "Tush" by ZZ Top. That song kicks ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Irregardless of convention, it was good in the long run that "Young Americans" came on because otherwise maybe me and Libra Girlfriend would have gone our entire lives without realizing that we or the other was not particularly fond of the song by "David Bowie" about Americans being youngs and gimme gimme shock treatment!!!!!



Nuthin' to it but to do it!!!!



ON THIS GREAT DAY, JULY 23, 2008, DOTSON SALUTES EVERY DAVID BOWIE SONG EXCEPT FOR "YOUNG AMERICANS" BECAUSE ALL THE OTHER SONGS KICK ASS AND IF YOU MAKE ENOUGH SONGS, SOME WON'T BE AS STRONG AS OTHERS AND NUTHIN' DO IT BUT TO DO IT AND GIMME GIMME SHOCK TREATMENT AND LIBRA GIRLFRIEND AND I ARE CLOSER THAN EVER BEFORE THANKS TO "YOUNG AMERICANS" NOT REALLY RESONATING WITH EITHER OF US.

Today's Dotman joke is about buying jewelry.



Chris Dotson

Dotman's Jokes

1 comment:

postulatesandpasttimes said...

It's amazing how much David Bowie looks like Talking Heads frontman David Byrne.

Either way, I think he's a creepy cat!

You know, I like David Bowie's music...or at least I'd like to like his music. For some reason, every time I see "David Bowie" pop up on my Sirius dial, I tuned into it...and then turn away from it 10 seconds later.

I'm not sure why...