Monday, August 18, 2008

Dotson Salutes - "Watchmen"

I was up 'til 2am last night, and boy was I in a mood! Just ask Libra Fiancée! She'll tell ya.

Man, I was a mess. And ultimately I decided that I could no longer keep reading "You Can't Go Home Again."

I decided that the mental stress it had been causing me since page 358 simply wasn't worth it anymore. Sometimes we forget that life is not an English class, (Oh, but if it WERE!!!!!) and that just because we start a book, if we don't find it entertaining and the author doesn't hold our interest, we are under no obligation to stay with it to the bitter end.

So I've released "Y.C.G.H.A" from my life and I already feel 20 pounds lighter and 30 years younger.

Instead, I'm going to read the classic graphic novel "Watchmen."

"Watchmen" looks like this---



I've never read a graphic novel before, so this is pretty exciting.

I like raccoons.



ALSO!!!

At lunch today, Libra Fiancée and I were talking about how when you describe someone as being naked, you can say that they are either "BUTT naked" or "BUCK naked."

We both agreed on that.

BUT! CONTROVERSY!

I told Libra Fiancée that one can be "in the BUFF" AND "in the BUCK," but Libra Fiancée said no one can be "in the buck." She said people can be "in the buff" ONLY.

So I've put it to the test.

I googled "in the buck" and got this many results--- 99,300. But I have to admit, most of the results don't allude to people being naked. And Buck Rodgers popped up A LOT!!



But then when I googled "in the buff," I got 649,000 results and ALL of the results had to do with people being naked. In fact, a picture popped up with a topless woman.

So I learned something today. I learned you can't really be "in the buck," but you CAN google "in the buff" and see a topless woman.

But then again, you can google pretty much anything and see a topless woman.

I like raccoons!



ON THIS GREAT DAY, AUGUST 19, 2008, DOTSON SALUTES "WATCHMEN" FOR BEING A BOOK THAT IS NOT "YOU CAN'T GO HOME AGAIN."


Today's Dotman "joke" is about how he used to work at an office and I guess his boss touched him in places he didn't want to be touched.

Who gives a rat's...



Chris Dotson

Dotman's Loser Jokes

No comments: