Sunday, August 17, 2008

Dotson Salutes--- "You Can't Go Home Again"

Had wicked bad dreams last night. In one of them I was at a store and I was waiting in line forever. Then, when it was ALMOST my turn, this other clerk says, "I can help you over here." So I'm thinking that rules and I head over to his register, but then a woman cuts in front of me. The clerk doesn't say anything and just starts ringing her up. Then when I get up to the register, he says the store is closing and he can't help me. Thing is, if I'd stayed in the line I was in originally, I'd have made it out of there before the store closed. What a rip! I can't even get good customer service in my dreams.

I don't even remember what it was I wanted to buy, but I'm sure it was important. Probably drapes or something.



In the meantime, I've been reading this book off and on for over 3 months now.

It's called "You Can't Go Home Again", and if you don't have anything better to do for the next 3 months, you can read the whole thing right here.

"You Can't Go Home Again" looks like this---


I am currently on page 466 and there are 711 pages total. So that means that I have less than 466 pages to go!

There's light at the end of the Chunnel!!!!


ON THIS GREAT DAY, AUGUST 17, 2008, DOTSON SALUTES THE BOOK "YOU CAN'T GO HOME AGAIN" FOR BEING A BOOK THAT IS SUPER LONG AND CAN SOMETIMES BE A GREAT BOOK TO READ BUT OTHER TIMES IT GETS REALLY BORING AND YOU DON'T WANT TO READ IT FOR A WHILE, BUT ULTIMATELY YOU KNOW YOU'RE GOING TO FINISH IT AND YOU WANT TO REALLY BAD BECAUSE YOU HAVE OTHER BOOKS YOU WANT TO READ LIKE THE BOOK ABOUT THE BAND THE REPLACEMENTS AND "SOMEBODY'S DARLING" AND THE BOOK BY KURT VONNEGUT AND "THE LAST NOVEL" AND "WATCHMEN" AND "PERSEPOLIS" AND THERE'S A NUMEROLOGY BOOK YOU'RE ALSO INTERESTED IN THAT YOU MIGHT SKIM THROUGH.

Chris Dotson

Dotman's Sucky Jokes

No comments: